Size of buildings from maps

Hi, I set up the map and activated the buildings. I tried to change the size of the buildings in passthrough to the real size. That does not work. why?

1 Like

The buildings loaded with the map tool represent existing context of a site, so by default we only load them as static model. The loaded OSM buildings, that come from the map tool, also contain existing information that would become a big mess if you could start editing buildings. If you want to edit them, you’ll need to erase the building you want to edit and create one

Here is a guide that talks more about the map tool, this part below would be what you need to start erasing and building

When a site needs to be cleared of existing 3D buildings that are still in the OpenStreetMaps Database you can erase parts of the imported building by drawing a box around the buildings you like to erase. You can create as many boxes as you need and can reset your erased buildings using the reset button.

Many thanks. I‘ll check that.
It’s strange. I measured the building and it’s right. But in Passthrough it does not fit the real size.

1 Like

Depending on the type of building and it’s location, the footprint could represent the total site lot or the overall footprint of a building. If you snag a screen shot I can poke a bit more at the setup.